Rapper Doug E. Fresh and singer Jordin Sparks lent their talents to the new song/video “Everybody” for First Lady Michelle Obama’s “Let’s Move!” campaign to fight childhood obesity. The track will be a part of the Songs for a Healthier America album, a collaborative effort between Obama, Hip-Hop Public Health, and Partnership for a Healthier America.
Songs for a Healthier America will be a Hip Hop based album used to inform children about the importance of nutrition and exercise to ensure healthy living. The LP will also include other songs like “Veggie Luv” with Monifah, “Hip Hop FEET” with DMC, and “Hip Hop LEAN.”
“This album is about more than just a great message and it’s about more than great music. It’s about making the healthy choice the easy choice,” said Drew Nannis, PHA’s Chief Marketing Officer. “Making healthier decisions doesn’t have to cost a lot, doesn’t require special apparel and doesn’t call for membership cards. The simple act of getting up and dancing is a great way to get active and this album – and the dozens of generous musicians who helped make it possible – can help show us how.”
The Let’s Move! campaign was announced in 2010. The following year Beyoncé remade her song “Get Me Bodied” as “Move Your Body” for the Let’s Move! Flash Workout initiative.
The full Songs for a Healthier America album will be available for download on September 30th at http://ahealthieramerica.org/songs/.
Check out the tracklist for Songs for a Healthier America and the video for “Everybody” below.
1. “U R What You Eat” (Salad Bar: Matisyahu, Ariana Grande, Travis Barker)
2. “Everybody” (Jordin Sparks, Doug E. Fresh, Dr Oz, Ryan Beatty, Hip Hop MD)
3. “Let’s Move” (Doug E. Fresh, Artie Green, Chauncey Hawkins)
4. “Just Believe” (Ashanti, Gerry Gunn, Artie Green, Robbie Nova)
5. “Veggie Luv” (Monifah and J Rome)
6. “Hip Hop FEET” (DMC and Artie Green)
7. “Stronger” (Shayna Steele, Jeremy Jordan, Our Time Theater kids, and E-Street Band guitarist Nils Lofgren)
8. “Give Myself A Try” (Ryan Beatty)
9. ”Jump Up” (Brady Rymer and the Little band that Could)
10. “Hip Hop LEAN” (Artie Green)
11. “Pass the Rock” (Iman Schumpert and Artie Green)
12. “Good Living” (Ashton Jones)
13. “Beautiful” (Daisy Grant and Artie Green)
14. “Change The Game” (The Happiness Club, featuring Naledge)
15. “Wanna Jump (Let’s Move)” (Paul Burch)
16. “Mother May I” (Amelia Robinson)
17. “We Like Vegetables” (Los Barkers!)
18. “Get Up Sit Up” (Babi Floyd)
19. “One Step Forward” (Samite)
Just trying to keep the world updated one story at a time!